|Heavenly Mushrooms on Toast|
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g smoked pancetta cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 25g unsalted butter, plus extra for spreading
- 2 x 300g packs of mixed mushrooms
- 3 tbsp white wine
- Large handful of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Eggs (1 per serving)
- Thick slices of sourdough or crusty white bread
Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat, add the pancetta and fry until golden brown. Reduce the heat and add the garlic and soften, without colouring, for about 2 minutes.
Increase the heat and add the butter, once it starts to sizzle and foam add the mushrooms and stir to ensure the mushrooms are coated with the pancetta and garlic.
Once the mushrooms have browned then add the wine and then reduce down until there is a small amount of liquid remaining, season with pepper and then stir through the parsley.
Keep the above on a low heat whilst you then soft boil your eggs for 5 minutes, once done drain under cold water and then set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Toast your bread under a grill or on a hot griddle pan until lightly charred. Spread with butter, top with the mushrooms and serve with the soft boiled egg on top.Follow my blog with Bloglovin