|Turkish Style Tuna & Halloumi Salad with Herby Salsa|
- 2 tins tuna, drained
- 1/2 pepper thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly peeled in to ribbons
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500g sliced Halloumi
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Handful of chopped mint (reserve a pinch to garnish the dish)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses (available from supermarkets)
- A pinch of Turkish pepper flakes (ordered mine from Amazon)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 punnet of Sweet Chili baby beetroot
- Bag of salad
To make the salsa, combine the tomatoes, onion, herbs, pepper flakes, molasses and 4 tbsp of olive oil, mix together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, fry the halloumi for a few minutes each side until golden and then set aside.
On a large serving dish empty the bag of salad and scatter over the carrot, peppers and cucumber. Top the salad with the halloumi and the tuna and then drizzle on the salsa. Add the Sweet Chili baby beetroot around the edge.
This recipe serves 4 and whoever the lucky people are to share it with you, they will thank you, trust me! We had this last night for dinner and the two of us polished it off, it was that good. This recipe is perfect for this time of year and is great on its own or to go alongside a BBQ, this is what al fresco dining was invented for.
I shall be making this again in the next few days, thinking I may top with some poached eggs, what do you think?